Welcome to Your Form I-9 and E-Verify Solution
We're excited to offer Form I-9 management and E-Verify. This easy-to-use system guides and stores new hire Form I-9s online and returns E-Verify results within minutes! E-Verify continues to be voluntary for most of the country; however, more and more states are passing legislation requiring a number of businesses to verify their new hire employment eligibility with E-Verify. If you're one of those states who is required, this system makes it easy to comply with your state's law!
What you'll get using this system:
- Easy-to-Use and Affordable
- Paperless New Hire Form I-9 Completion and Management
- E-Verify Results Within Minutes
- Ability to Store Existing Form I-9s
- Compliance with State Laws (If Applicable)
- For those who have been set up and trained, use the portal to the left to sign in.
- To begin the process, click here to download instructions:
- 1. Complete Downloaded Form and send to NCS
- 2. Sign Memorandum of Understanding
- If you have multiple locations under one Federal Tax ID number, you'll need to fill out an additional users document.
- If you have multiple locations that each have their own Federal Tax ID number, an MOU will have to be completed for each ID number.
- 3. Receive Login Information and Attend Training
Federal Immigration Laws make it mandatory for employers to verify the employment eligibility of all employees hired after November 6, 1986. This requirement is fulfilled through the completion and storage of an I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification form. Completed I-9 forms must be maintained by the employer for three years after the date of hire or one year after employment ends, whichever is later. An individual may not begin employment unless the I-9 form is completed. Failure to comply with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 will subject employers to civil or criminal penalties, including fines.
On October 30, 2004, the President signed H.R. 4306. As a result, the I-9 form can now be paperless with eI9Verify.
- Complete, sign, and date an accurate I-9 for each covered employee
- Examine work eligibility documents submitted by the employee
- Store all completed I-9s for the required time period
- Re-verify work eligibility documents and update I-9s based on document expiration dates
- Produce I-9s for government audits and inspections
The eI9Verify service helps employers maintain compliance with immigration regulations and eliminate paper. The complete service includes:
- Accurately generate I-9s online with electronic signatures
- Verify employees with the Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration
- Collect and review I-9s electronically to detect errors
- Image new or existing I-9s and work eligibility documents to a central repository
- Electronically store completed I-9s to eliminate paper I-9 storage
- Match I-9s with payroll data to ensure compliance
- Online application to search, view, and print stored I-9s
- Notification of I-9 reverifications
- Documentation and assistance for government audits and inspections
- Toll-free assistance to answer questions and resolve problems
Major Service Components
The following is an overview of the major components of the eI9Verify service: Generation, Lookup, Notification, and Reports. During the implementation process, the employer combines service components to tailor eI9Verify to meet their individual needs.
Authorized administrators generate I-9s through the online Web application. If the user is an authorized I-9 administrator, multiple administrative and management functions will be available on the left side of the screen. Generating I-9s online provides several compliance benefits such as:
- Protecting against errors with build-in editing features that detect input errors in real-time to help ensure the I-9 is generated correctly
- Preventing I-9 generation until all errors have been corrected
- Signing and I-9 online using electronic signatures
- Capturing expiration dates and other information from work eligibility documents
Authorized users can lookup signed and unsigned I-9s using the online Web application. The signed I-9s are imaged and stored in the database. This allows the user to view and print an existing I-9 for review or re-verification purposes.
One of the most difficult problems employers face with I-9 compliance is timely re-verification of work eligibility documents. If an employee's work eligibility documentation is about to expire, the employer is required to examine any work eligibility document that reflects that the employee is authorized to work in the U.S. (see List A or C on the I-9 form), record the document title, document number and expiration date (if any) in Block C of Section 2 of the I-9, and complete the signature block. The expiration date for any item in Block C is captured when the I-9 is generated through the Web application or when the completed I-9 is imaged.
Employers may receive notice of a re-verification in two ways. First, the service can run a monthly report on the Web application site. This report lists the individuals who have an upcoming expiration date for a work eligibility document that requires re-verification. There is also an option that will allow the employer to receive re-verification notices via e-mail.
When using the e-mail notification option, the employer is notified between 30 and 180 days prior to the expiration date of a document in Block C of Section 2 of the I-9. This provides sufficient notice to re-verify the employee's information prior to the expiration date. Notices are sent twice, once at the configurable number of days and once at the halfway point.
The usage reports provide monthly counts of the number of transactions performed through the Web application. In addition, the detailed transaction report lists for each I-9 generation and lookup transaction, the user performing the transaction as well as the employee whose I-9 was involved in the transaction. Reports are generated by division as well as across all divisions.